ATTENTION: READ ALL THE INFORMATION BELOW BEFORE MAKING YOUR REGISTRATION
When: Agust 10 of 2017 (12:00 am) until September 10 of 2017 (11:59 pm). For all major programs (Femusckinho and FEMUSC Jovem occur in the mid of October).
Where/How: process online, here on the website of FEMUSC
1) LINK of a recording already posted in a common format (YouTube, Vimeo, Yahoo Video, etc), containing at least 3 minutes of music with a repertoire of free choice, which may be excerpts from a larger work (we want to hear YOU, not the composer, not the accompanist).
2) A short essay (maximum 2000 characters) indicating why you want to come to FEMUSC and what you want to do when you are there.
3) Name and email of a recommending “professional musician”, and may be your teacher, teacher, school principal or other professional who can answer for your qualifications.
4) Completion of the Entry Form, with basic personal details (name, country, document, etc) and biographical information (how long do you study, where did you study, where are you now).
Evaluation criteria: Enrollments are evaluated by a collegiate of about 25 FEMUSC teachers. Criteria differ according to the Program.
1) ADVANCED PROGRAMS, LYRIC SONG, STRING QUARTETS: quality and experience as demonstrated in the recording and information of the entry form.
2) INTERMEDIATE PROGRAM: quality and experience but allied also to the order of arrival of the registration (so we recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible after noon on 8/10, but depending on the instrument, vacancies may be obtained later. Detail: “It is possible to register for the Intermediary and at the same time postulate interest in being evaluated for the Advanced”. That is, if you choose this option, you will be evaluated in both programs, not needing to send two subscriptions.
First call results will be available on 9/20. Depending on the number of accepted, there will be a second, third or even fourth call, occurring approximately every 2 weeks.
Costs – after selection (1)
1. VALUES WITHOUT RIGHT TO ACCOMMODATION: a. BANK SLIP: R$ 550,00 (registration fee) + R$ 5,00 (bank fee for ticketing) – Total value for payment via Bank Slip: R$ 555,00. Option available only to participants residing in Brazil;b. PAYPAL: R$ 550,00 (registration fee) + R$ 50,00 (administrative taxes of Paypal) – Total value for payment via Paypal: R$ 600,00 Option available to all.
2. VALUES WITH THE RIGHT TO ACCOMMODATION: a. BANK SLIP: R$ 550,00 (registration fee) + R$ 55,00 (accomodation fee) + R$ 5,00 (bank fee for ticketing) – Total value for payment via Bank Slip: R$ 610,00. Option available only to participants residing in Brazil; b. PAYPAL: R$ 550,00 (registration fee) + R$ 55,00 (accomodation fee) + R$ 50,00 (administrative taxes of Paypal) – Total value for payment via Paypal: R$ 655,00. Option available to all.
IMPORTANT: If this fee is not paid, the candidate loses the vacancy and the same time on the next person on the waiting list next to the call. Payment options are offered by credit card and bank bill (for residents in Brazil. For foreigners, only the option of payment via Paypal is available).REGULATION DOWNLOAD
Checkout the complete schedule here.